Sabine Eckhardt; Senior Scientist, Norwegian Institute for Air Research
- April 2001: Master Thesis "Air Quality and Source-Receptor Relationship of Pollutants in the Nature Reserve Seewinkel/Austria" at the Institute for Meteorology and Physics Agricultural University of Vienna, Austria
- 1993 -2001: Study of Landscape-planning with main focus on Environmental Sciences at the Agricultural University of Vienna (BOKU) - Grade 1.3
Environmental Sciences, Lancaster University, England (3 terms, 47 ECTS)
Additional physics courses at the University of Vienna (45 ECTS)
- 1987 - 1992: College of Engineering, Dept. of Electronic Data Processing.
Appointments and Professional Activities
- since September 2006: Research Scientist at NILU. Main focus on long range transport of various pollutants, with special focus on POPs.
- May 2001 - August 2004: Technical University of Munich, Department for Ecology. In December 2003 I have completed my PhD on "The Climatological View of Long-Range Transport in the Atmosphere". For this work I used FLEXTRA and FLEXPART, a trajectory and a Lagrangian particle dispersion model to simulate global transport processes and mechanisms (both resulting in a 15-year climatology). I presented my work at various conferences and seminars (for details see publication list).
- September - November 2003: Visiting scientist at the NOAA Aeronomy Laboratoy, Boulder, CO, USA
SkillsLINUX Fortran, C, Pascal, HTML, GRIB decoding
SQL (database design and programming), MARS database query language (ECMWF)
Matlab, Magics, Metview, Gnuplot, LATEX
System administration and script programming
Windows MS Office, Sigmaplot, ARC view - ARC info (Geo Information Systems)
Languages German: native speaker
English: fluent (written and spoken)